We offer many programs that are beneficial to the whole community. Some of those programs include:
- Life skills training
- Self-esteem building empowerment sessions
- Job Readiness/ employability skills/Dress for success
- Computer training/Customer Service training
- Weekly Support groups (Women & Youth) / Sister Circle
- Youth Programs: Art Classes for youth and teens, Steel Chefs, Game night,
- Hip Hop dance class.
- Community Educational events
- Health fairs
- Monthly Special events: Open Mic Night, Community movie night
- Arts & Theater
- Annual events: young women’s conference, Women to Women conference, Annual youth talent showcase, Annual art show, various holiday events for the community.
Project Red Cord
Project Red Cord a pilot diversion program for first time offenders of street prostitution. Project Red Cord Phase II-Human Trafficking-Provides support to victims and survivors of human trafficking, helping them to rebuild their lives, connect them to services and work to return hope to them that was taken away. Phase II will also provide support services for ex-commercial sex workers
Purify the Mic
pu-ri-fy [pyoor-uh-fahy], -fied, -fy’ing. –verb (used with object) 1. to make pure; free from anything that debases, pollutes, adulterates, or contaminates. 2. to free from foreign, extraneous, or objectionable elements: to purify a language. 3. to free from guilt or evil. 4. to clear or purge (usually fol. by of or from). 5. to make clean. 6. to become pure
Purify the Mic is a Spoken Music production open to all poets, singers, rappers, comedians and any other creative artists, fellow connoisseurs and enthusiastic listeners who appreciate the arts. Purify the Mic’s setting is very relaxed and down to earth — a place where individuals can feel free to be themselves. While we strongly encourage freedom of speech, out of respect for all of our guests we prohibit profanity. In turn, we follow up the open mic with a featured artist(s) who through creative expression (i.e. poetry, rap, song, drama, etc…) encourage, edify and empower the audience with their compositions concerning the King. No not Elvis. Jesus Christ –the King!
Annual Young Women’s Conference
Planned by young women for young women. The conference is for young women 13-19 and includes Lunch, workshops, entertainment and a fun filled day of empowerment for young women.